Strategic support for all OVPR units and the research community, including sponsored projects, research development, core facilities, data management and analysis, human resources related to research, divisional finance and budgeting, cross-disciplinary initiatives, communications, systems/applications innovation, and general operations.
- Pamela Norris, Vice Provost for Research
- Gina Lohr, Senior Associate Vice Provost for Research and Administrative Dean, Virginia Science & Technology Campus
Research Enhancement Unit
Advancing research by helping investigators expand and diversity sources of sponsored research funding, develop competitive proposals, and facilitate collaboration for large, complex and multi-disciplinary projects.
Office of Sponsored Projects
Institutional review and approval of extramural proposal submissions; receives, accepts, and administers sponsored research awards; negotiates contracts, grants, cooperative agreements, and other sponsored agreements on behalf of the university; and provides central oversight and stewardship for sponsored projects administration at GW.
- Sylvia Ezekilova, Assistant Vice Provost for Sponsored Projects
- Office of Sponsored Projects website
GW Nanofabrication and Imaging Center
University-wide core infrastructure that integrates state-of-the-art microscopy instrumentation and a Class 100 cleanroom.
- Anastas Popratiloff, Center Director and Lead Research Scientist
- GW Nanofabrication and Imaging Center website
Program on Extremism
A leading research center on all forms of extremism, spearheading innovative and thoughtful academic inquiry, producing empirical work and developing pragmatic policy solutions that resonate with policymakers, civic leaders, and the general public.
- Lorenzo Vidino, Director
- Program on Extremism website
Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Programming around innovation, education, venture creation, and making connections to support GW entrepreneurs and the Mid-Atlantic startup community.
- Jim Chung, Associate Vice Provost for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship website
Research Integrity and Compliance
Office of Research Integrity and Compliance
Provides guidance, assistance and training in the responsible conduct of research and works to support the scholarly community to insure all regulatory and sponsor requirements are met especially with regard to export controls, financial conflicts of interest, research misconduct and data transfer/sharing
- Sonya Hadrigan, Associate Provost for Research Integrity and Compliance
- Office of Research Integrity and Compliance website
Office of Human Research
Responsible for the review of activities involving human volunteers and administrative support for GWs Institutional Review Boards (IRB).
Jennifer L. Christensen, Interim Director
- Office of Human Research website
Office of Research Safety
Ensures safe laboratory environments for students, faculty, staff and visiting scholars; compliance with applicable federal and local regulations in all areas of laboratory safety; administratively supports the university’s Institutional Biosafety Committee and Radiation Safety Committee; conducts laboratory inspections; and provides training in laboratory safety and shipment of hazardous materials.
- Lauren Hopkins, Interim Director
- Office of Research Safety website
Review Boards for Protected Subjects and Materials
- Institutional Review Board (Human Volunteers)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)